Saturday 5 April 2014

8 - The Sitter

Connection To 21 JUMP STREET - Jonah Hill
Jonah Hill's last fat film, I don't why I started with that but I was reading up about the movie and that little tidbit was presented to me, ignoring health reasons Hill looks better suited to being overweight.

The Sitter reminded me of the 80's movie Adventures In Babysitting (or Night On The Town as it was called here in the UK for a time) - in fact so much you could question if this was a remake or not and Elisabeth Shue as been replaced by Hill (I'd sooner have Shue babysitting me).

I have to say I did like this movie - Hill's relationship with the kids he's looking after where well developed and the adventures in babysitting he got into a long the way where enjoyable particularly when he meets with the closest thing to the film has to a villain - Sam Rockwell - who's a fucking hoot here. I'd like how they progressed the Hill character throughout the movie making him grow as a person throughout.

Going back to Hill and his relationship with the kids, I liked all their personalities - kid actors can often be annoying but I liked each of them and what they brought to the table - SPOILER I liked how they handled the potential sexuality of one of the kids and was in such a sweet way END OF SPOILER, Ari Graynor (who I'm getting more of a crush on) was also very enjoyable this movie as Hill's almost girlfriend (she lets him go down on her).

This is shorter then what I normally write because I think films that go on one adventure to another tend to you just listing the stuff that happened.

I liked this film, I know critically it wasn't amazingly recieved film but I enjoyed spending time with all the characters, while it's not necessarily a laugh a minute it has it's funny moments which make it not the worst way to spend 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment