Friday 18 April 2014

55 - The Heart Of Justice

Connection To THE RAVEN - The legendary Vincent Price
I had no idea that Vincent Price and Dennis Hopper had two credits appearing alongside each other, let alone both in the 1990's and this is the second I'm covering on here after the disappointment of Crossfire. This TV movie from 1992 besides the pair as a strong cast including Jennifer Connelly, William H. Macy, his future wife Felicity Huffman (I assume they was a couple at this point), Eric Stoltz and Dermot Mulroney among others.

Vincent Price (his final role) is having lunch with Dennis Hopper as he leaves the restaurant, he gets killed off before the opening titles, he's a famous writer who's clearly pissed somebody off, who turns the gun on themselves. This is an effective opening I just wish the rest of the movie was as good (though Connelly has a scene in her underwear and later strips, so no complaints there)

For me it was the sort of film that seems to spend 90 minutes getting to a place where you totally expected it very early one, while that's not always a bad thing, with this film you where just sort of waiting for it so I could get on with another film or the rest of my life.

It didn't help that a bland actor to me (Mulroney) and somebody playing a bland character (Stoltz) have most of the screen time especially when there was much more interesting characters and performers in this, Connelly though - as always - was good and the likes of Hopper (who does appear then just the first scene) and Price really do very little in the story in the long run.

Overall the film's plot in the end really did nothing for me, honestly Jennifer Connelly is the what that makes this film most awesome, you can probably internet any scene of her rather then watching the full thing though, so I'm going on the it's not bad in the end but no need to waste time on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment