Friday 11 April 2014

26 - The Babysitter

Connection To THE CABLE GUY - George Segal.

Adolescent Confession Time #1 - I remember watching this in bits and pieces (probably seeing it all) in the 90s in what I call for me personally - The Puberty Years - hoping to catch some Alicia Silverstone breast, the internet hadn't really come to my town properly at that point to be be to log on and tell me Silverstone does not show any boob during the course of the movie (despite there being a scene with her in the bath), so yeah my memory of The Babysitter is that it's underwhelming because I wanted me some Cher Horowitz skin!

Anyway, my memory of it that it was called a thriller but I couldn't really remember anything thriller about it, and yeah it's a series of males fantasizing about the babysitter - the father of the kids she's babysitting, her boyfriend and his bad boy friend - it wouldn't be out of line to say all these fantasies are a few notches even below soft core, which is perhaps the way the film should have gone, which I guess could have mean't losing Silverstone for more prudish reasons and the other actors such as George Segal because they don't want to be linked to something a bit more soft core but all that's left is tame.

So from one point of view, Silverstone is well cast, because you can easily see her as this object of affection for these pervs but it's a film that lacks any real bite, the entire film is basically just when it might get cut like out of the fantasy or lets cut away to another character.

Overall, a disappointing experience that would probably not have got noticed if it wasn't released in the same year (1995) as Clueless, I wouldn't recommend it because it's mostly a limp affair.

No comments:

Post a Comment