Friday 11 April 2014

24 - 3 Ninjas Knuckle Up

Connection To DEAR GOD - Donal Logue
now this is a picture that looks so wrong out of context...

I just assumed I could skip over the first 2 movies, I don't believe it will make this one difficult to follow in the absence seeing the earlier two - I have already talked about child actors in two previous entries, one speaking in the negative way (Leave It To Beaver) and the other in a more positive (Camp Nowhere) - I guess one thing I don't know from not seeing the earlier films is the reasoning behind the boys having an Asian grandfather (other then teaching them martial arts)

I'm not having a go at child actors, it's just when they are the key roles in a movie and their bad it just can make the film a struggle to watch and the child actors are at the forefront here.

The local bad guys, are them sort that only seem to exist in movies, the sort who will bully a little girl because it needs them to be the designated bad guys and these films plot around the 3 Ninjas protecting Native Americans from a toxic waste company

This was film in 1992 but not released until 1995 so the slang, clothing etc. was already dated among the youth when it came out and yeah even more so now. My goal on this blog was just write something about the films I just watched as long as it was least a paragraph there is nothing much I feel like I can write - it really just didn't interest me - this is probably towards the bottom of the pile of film's I have watched so far on this blog.

Overall too childish to appeal to adult me and likely too childish for me back in 1995 (I was already on a long-term diet of Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Sammo Hung, Yuen Biao etc. by that point) and I don't many younglings today would end up enjoying this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment